Wednesday

G40: The Summit

G40: The Summit

Last night my husband, who’s the treasurer at our Unitarian Universalist congregation, had to participate in the annual Board of Trustees retreat so I was on my own for dinner.I decided to check out this art show in downtown Washington, DC that had been going on for the last few weeks and last night was the final night for the entire show.

It was called G40: The Summit and it was amazing.There were three floors full of art ranging from abstract 3D installations to photography.I saw paintings that were done on skateboards, customized tennis shoes, customized toy train cars, and customized urban vinyl toys.I haven’t seen this much diverse art all gathered together in one place since Artomatic 2009.

Right now I really regret waiting until the last night before I even checked it out.That’s because, like Artomatic, G40 also features a diversity of live events ranging from movies to fashion events.I hope there’s a next time because I will make every effort to visit at least two times and I won’t wait until the very last day.

Art Whino, the art gallery responsible for G40 is having another event tonight at its main gallery in National Harbor that includes a free sketching session with a live model from 6-8 p.m.My husband is doing another day of the Board of Trustees retreat so I’m just going to leave dinner for him on the table, grab my drawing pad, and head down to National Harbor.


Niacin