Tuesday

NYC: Week Day Highlights

NYC: Week Day Highlights

When I wasn’t in auditions for our upcoming production, I was able to do some exploring of the city on my own and it was lots of fun!Here are some of the highlights from my work week in the Big Apple

1.Spotting my two favorite morning show personalities Matt Lauer and Natalie Morales at TODAY.They were doing a dog makeover segment on the Plaza [adorable!] and were right in front of me.I didn’t get on camera I don’t think, but that’s ok with me.

2.Watching this musical on Broadway it was so good.Seriously, I can’t believe it’s closing.It is everything a Broadway show should be great music, lots of dancing, fabulous talent, plenty of comedy, neat but simple scenery, awesome costumes, leggy show girls, hunky leading men.I could go on and on about this show.I loved the movie so I knew that my love for the show would be the same.If you are in NYC between now and September 4th, do yourself a favor and see this show before it closes.You will not be disappointed!

Speaking of hunky leading men Aaron Tveit [aka my Broadway crush] is in Catch Me.I first developed this crush when I saw him in Next 2 Normal a few years ago.You may recognize him from his role as Trip van der bilt [the senator who was also Serena’s love interest] on Gossip Girl.В Let me tell you Aaron is a true triple theat.He is an incredible singer.Seriously.Hearing him live is like listening to a soundtrack.And he’s not bad to look at, either.Winking smile

My boss and I actually got front row seats [we got a great deal] and it just so happened that Aaron performed right in front of me for practically the wh*le show.I guess you could say I was pretty happy about it.Afterwards, my friend Jen [who is in the show] took my boss and myself backstage.I might have mentioned my crush to her before hand and I got to meet Aaron.I was a blubbering fool who got completely tongue-tied, but I am still thankful for the meet & greet.[Thanks, Jen!]

I realize that this picture is absolutely horrible of me.I had been up since 4am [cue: huge bags under my eyes, messy hair, etc.] and hadn’t had adequate time to freshen up in between work, dinner and the show.Eek!But, I had to share anyways.Do you recognize him?

3.Sample sale-ing at DANNIJO.If you’ve read my blog for a little while, you know that I am a huge fan of this jewelry designer sister team.When they tweeted last week that they were having a sample sale while I was going to be in town, I was stoked and kept my fingers crossed that it would work out for me to go check out the place.And it did!

I did some sampling and shopping I got two casual bracelets so I can have a mini-arm party and the Zoe ring to wear on my pointer finger everyday.I am in love.

AND I got to meet Danielle, which was fun.She was so sweet, super helpful and gorgeous in person.It makes me happy to know just how nice she is!Their West Village studio space is adorable too.It was such a treat.

I also got to spend some time with some friends that I haven’t seen in a while.I love that there is always something fun to do in NYC never a dull moment!


K and the days of summer